2019:Tình nguyện viên
TÌNH NGUYỆN VIÊN CHO WIKIMANIA?
Wikimania cần bạn!
The success of Wikimania stands or falls on the work of the volunteers!
Do you want to take part in the preparations before Wikimania, contribute to the actual conference and make sure that everything runs smoothly, and have memories for life, a great network of amazing people and a great experience to put on your CV after the conference? – Then, sign up as a volunteer!
The possibilities are many, and you may contribute with what you can, when you can and in the manner you can. There's a possible task for everyone!
Being a volunteer does not automatically give you a scholarship or access to the conference. You can also be a volunteer without being in Stockholm for Wikimania in August.
There will be four volunteer tracks for the 2019 Wikimania. A track is a set of similar volunteer tasks, so that you as a volunteer can choose what kind of tasks you would prefer to do. Some of them can be done from a distance, some of them have to be made on site in Stockholm. In the general call for volunteers that will take place during the spring, you will be able to indicate what kind of tasks you are most interested in.
Conference heroes are volunteers that are present at the conference, and who perform all those small and big tasks that make the conference run smoothly. They are welcoming and happy, they take care of the participants and have a deep feeling of hospitality and they identify individually if there are problems to see to. They are social, logistical, problem-solving and can handle stress.
Communication experts are volunteers that communicate before, under and after Wikimania. They communicate internally, to find support for ideas, to explain what is happening and to spread information throughout the platforms. They take part in communication externally together with the Communications Team at the WMF and the PR Agency. They may update social medias, create graphics, write blog texts, identify Facebook groups and other social networks and in other ways increase outreach and impact of Wikimania.
Knowledge savers document Wikimania and make sure that all the great ideas survive and can be spread after the conference. They record, film and make sure that there are online written documentation available.
Ambassadors are key to informing Wikimedians about Wikimania, and spreading the outcomes. They do not need to be on site, but can work from wherever they are situated in the world. They help translate pages, spread ideas and discussions, and implement any ideas or changes in their respective local communities. See "Ambassador" on this wiki.
How does Volunteering work?
There are a variety of roles, which will be split into shifts so that everyone gets a break and can attend the sessions they want to. We'll be grateful for as much time as you're able to give. You will, of course, be fully supported during your shift—there will be somebody you can turn to if you need help, you will get breaks, and we will provide refreshments.
- Where do I sign up? Here!
- What languages do I need to speak? Because of its international nature, volunteers to Wikimania are expected to speak English. Speaking another language also is a plus.
- How long do I have to volunteer to get access to Wikimania? At least eight hours in total, but if you can do more that is even better.
- Will I have to buy my own food? Volunteers will have access to refreshments and lunch at the conference.
- Will the conference pay for my accommodation if I am not from Stockholm? No, but we can try to find accommodation with Wikimedians in Stockholm.
- I am from outside Sweden. Can I still volunteer? Will you pay for my travel to Sweden? You can still volunteer for Wikimania from abroad. We don't pay for accommodation or travel for volunteers.
- Can I still attend sessions if I am volunteering? If you let us know in advance which sessions you are most interested in attending, we will do our best to be flexible.
- How are the shifts divided in one day? These will be worked out as we get closer to the event.
Are you interested in helping out? Sign up here!
- Eric Luth, conference and volunteer manager at Wikimedia Sverige
- Anass Sedrati, volunteer coordinator
- Kardo Blouri, Conference Hero coordinator and manager
- Johanna Janhonen, Communication Experts Coordinator
- Audrey Lebioda, Knowledge Saver Coordinator
- Eyitayo Alimi, Ambassador Manager at Wikimania 2019