2019 talk:Technology outreach & innovation/An introduction to Phabricator, where the developers are
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Some notes
- Phabricator is a task manager for bug reports, configuration change requests, and other formal task requests, used generally for WMF, chapter, and movement projects.
- a project can have a workboard, which are shown as columns of little index cards on screen. Each care has a T number, that is a task humber, and brief title. A little image is shown if there is an assignee.
- A chapter may use phabricator for its own tasks and to-do lists
- "Priority" levels for a task, characterizing the urgency of getting it done, are: needs triage, lowest, low, normal, high, unbreak now
- Login depends on one's Wikimedia login
- For configuration change requests to an existing wiki (and I am thinking of the default new-user profile/preferences settings), one should get a consensus at Village Pump or someplace like that first, then
- see mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Creating_and_renaming_projects
- and https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requesting_wiki_configuration_changes
Start a discussion about 2019:Technology outreach & innovation/An introduction to Phabricator, where the developers are
Talk pages are where people discuss how to make content on Wikimania the best that it can be. You can use this page to start a discussion with others about how to improve 2019:Technology outreach & innovation/An introduction to Phabricator, where the developers are.