Wikimedia Phabricator is the main software tool used to collaborate on technical work and coordinate technical project management in Wikimedia.
Phabricator is the place where
However, as Phabricator is not MediaWiki, it can take a bit of effort to learn how to use it.
This session provides a basic introduction to Phabricator. It will cover how you can create an account, how you can report software bugs and request configuration changes for your community, and how you can follow work that interests you.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
Smaller wiki communities often lack technical contributors. This session helps bridging the gap between developer and editor communities by explaining how community members can get in contact with developers and how small communities can express their technical needs in Phabricator. Also see phab:T221394.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
- Anyone knows how to use Phabricator to report technical issues.
- Community members know how to request site configuration changes for their communities.
- Edit-a-thon organizers know how to request a temporary lift of the user account creation limitation.
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Computer-based training
- Discussion-based training
The session will work best with these conditions:
- A projector and a screen is needed.
- Anyone interested id welcome. No prior knowledge or skills are needed. Feel free to bring a laptop.
- The session can be recorded if wanted.
- Approximately 45-60 minutes