2021:Submissions/Art+Feminism: Beyond the Edit-a-thon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Art+Feminism: Beyond the Edit-a-thon
Speakers[edit | edit source]
In alphabetical order by first name:
- Amber Berson
- Kira Wisniewski
- Medhavi Gandhi
- Melissa Tamani Becerra
- Mohammed Sadat Abdulai
- Monika Sengul-Jones
- Richard Knipel
- Sara Clugage
- Zita Ursula Zage
Abstract[edit | edit source]
Art+Feminism builds a community of activists committed to closing information gaps related to gender, feminism, and the arts, beginning with Wikipedia. This session highlights 3 efforts outside our annual campaign:
- Call for Action Art Commission: commissions original art for Wikimedia Commons
- Unreliable Guidelines: Reliable Sources and marginalized communities in French, English and Spanish Wikipedia: analyzes reliable source guidelines on Wikipedias
- Anti-Harassment Working Group Security Toolkit
Session Outcomes[edit | edit source]
- Hear a specific example of commissioning art for Wikimedia Commons.
- Engage with the new research around reliable source guidelines.
- Learn about the toolkit designed to help our community deal with and prevent online harassment that may occur as a result of their involvement with Art+Feminism projects.
- Have a deeper understanding of the work that Art+Feminism does outside of the annual campaign of edit-a-thons.
I'm planning to attend this session live![edit | edit source]
- MGuadalupe (WMF) (talk) 21:30, 10 August 2021 (UTC)
- FRomeo (WMF) (talk) 14:31, 11 August 2021 (UTC)
- Fouadas (talk) 08:52, 12 August 2021 (UTC)
- OwenBlacker (talk) 09:04, 14 August 2021 (UTC)
- Kunokuno (talk) 16:06, 16 August 2021 (UTC)
- VALENTIN NVJ (talk) 17:40, 17 August 2021 (UTC)
- GFontenelle (WMF) (talk) 18:01, 17 August 2021 (UTC)