2021:Submissions/Wikipedian in Residence in the Battle for Cultural Heritage
Speakers[edit | edit source]
Gorana Gomirac (VMRS)
Abstract[edit | edit source]
Wikipedian in residence in Serbia has been realized since 2014. Since then, we have implemented the project in cooperation with various types of cultural institutions - from the botanical garden, libraries, museums, archives, theaters, to cultural centers and associations of artists. And the results are amazing. Over 2000 written and edited articles, over 10,000 files, and more than 1,000 digitized books on Wikimedia Commons.
How did we manage to realize the project despite the pandemic? In what ways do we maintain relations with cultural institutions after the completion of the project? What results have we achieved, what are our greatest successes, and what are the lessons we have learned? In this session, you will learn the answers to these, but also many other questions.
Session Outcomes[edit | edit source]
- Understanding the organization and coordination of the Wikipedian in residence.
- Understanding cooperation with cultural institutions, issues and challenges it brings.
- Tips & Tricks for coordination of project participants
- Ways to overcome the challenges that may arise in this project
- Presentation of the project from the aspect of the cultural institution
I'm planning to attend this session live![edit | edit source]
- --Gereon K. (talk) 16:59, 11 August 2021 (UTC)
- Tochiprecious (talk) 07:56, 12 August 2021 (UTC)
- WAqil (talk) 17:27, 12 August 2021 (UTC)
- Aderiqueza (talk) 06:39, 14 August 2021 (UTC)
- --CmdrDan (talk) 08:16, 14 August 2021 (UTC)
- Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 10:30, 14 August 2021 (UTC)
- Bobbyshabangu (talk) 10:58, 14 August 2021 (UTC)
- Christoph Jackel (WMDE) (talk) 11:01, 14 August 2021 (UTC)
- Harditaher (talk) 11:10, 14 August 2021 (UTC)
- Rosiestep (talk) 11:37, 14 August 2021 (UTC)