Education/Launching W&E UG Working Groups
Launching Wikipedia & Education User Group Working Groups
- Board of Wikipedia & Education User Group – EduWikiUGgmail.com
- Point of contact: Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (User:KCVelaga) – kcvelagagmail.com
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
Lightning talk - 10 min
The Wikipedia & Education User Group is a global group that facilitates, supports, and advocates for implementing Wikipedia and its sister projects into the educational and academic curricula in both the Wikimedia Movement and outside of it, in the Open Education and Open Knowledge movements. It provides a platform for sharing the experiences and voicing the needs of the global Wikimedia education community.
Working Groups are collaborations of the user group members and people who are interested in EduWiki, to address the needs and strategize the development of various focus areas in Wikimedia + Education. The focus areas are Mentorship, Resource development, Tech infrastructure, and Global outreach.
The talk will focus presenting these working groups, why they were created, and how you can participate.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
- SDG: Quality education: Since working groups will allow having a more focused approach on address the needs and development of specific areas in the EduWiki universe, we will be able to provide better support to the people who organize EduWiki activities. This will eventually improve the quality of education imparted.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
- Increased participation of community members in the User Group, and the larger EduWiki universe.
- Technology, outreach & innovation
The session will work best with these conditions:
- Audience: anyone who is interested in EduWiki
- Recording: This session format is not suitable for recording.