持続可能な開発目標 (SDGs) とは
2015年9月、加盟国のほとんどが「世界から貧困をなくし地球を守り、すべての人が平和と経済的な繁栄を享受できるように、行動に移す呼びかけ」に賛同しました。持続可能な開発目標 (SDGs) 17件が発表され、持続可能な世界の実現を目指しています。それぞれのゴールは国連で決議されたアジェンダ 2030 の中心課題であり、これからの10年で持続可能な世界の実現を目指す取り組みです。
17のSDGs により、世界中の人々や組織、政府に、活動や努力、投資に共通の枠組みができました。社会、経済および生態の開発を含む広範囲の分野を網羅しています。これら目標により、世界や地理的な区分、地域社会の関係者同士の協力の重要性が強調され、評価可能な169の目標に細分されます。SDGs の達成とは、すべての目標をやり遂げたときと言えます。目標には以下の17件があります。
- エネルギーをみんなに そしてクリーンに
- つくる責任 つかう責任
Wikimedia is a part of something larger. We develop our projects not for profit and have for years contributed to the greater good. Presenting our work within the framework of the SDGs will increase the understanding of what effect our work have had and will have in the future.
As with the SDG’s the current Movement Strategy is lasting until 2030. The Wikimedia Movement Strategy process has put focus on ''free knowledge as a service'' and on ''knowledge equity''. This is an opportunity to stop and think about how we can achieve our strategic goals and move in the identified direction long term. We continuously need to discuss how the choices we make at the local level have global impacts, and vice versa.
We need to have awareness and consider how technical trends bring both benefits and drawbacks to the Wikimedia projects. As more people in the world come online and digital content is growing, we must discuss who are not visible and are excluded from engaging in the sum of all knowledge.
Our hope is that this theme can help Wikimedians consider the long term impact and what the future has in store for us as a movement. Wikimania is an opportunity to bring people with different perspectives together and contribute with a range of knowledge and skills to identify challenges and solutions standing in front of us.
We hope to achieve a conference format which calls for participants to share the high level impact of their activities, instead of highlighting past or completed projects. We believe that this theme will help get us there.
2019年ウィキマニアの主題にこの達成目標を選んだ理由は複数あります。もちろん、その重要性を認識していることに基づいています。よりよい世界を築くのは、限られた少数の人々の責任ではないからです。この天体に暮らす私たち全員の肩にかかっています。一人ひとりが分担して進める責任があり、SDGs は手を貸したい人々との会話を支える言語として使われます。SDGs は世界の民間機関や NGO、政府や一般の市民まで、それぞれが活動に取りこみ、貢献する方法を考え、自分たち以外との協働が必要な分野の割り出しに用いています。その会話と活動実践にウィキメディア運動も加えたいと考えます。私たちの運動には優秀なプラットフォームがいくつもあり、すぐれた活動がたくさん行われています。他の人との意思疎通を図り、お互いを高めるには、SDGs は最適のツールになります。
- 国連博物館 - UN Live
Wikimedia could potentially have significance to all goals, but some of them are closer connected to our core work than others. Goals that may be specifically close to the Wikimedia Movement's values include the right to quality education (goal number 4), a reduction of gender inequalities (goal 5), ensuring innovations (9), empower people regardless of their background (10), support to develop global partnerships (17) and achieving sustainable societies (11-15).
The seventeen SDGs are further broken down into 169 measurable targets. All goals contain targets that are relevant or very relevant to the Wikimedia Movement. Many of the targets could also be connected to projects run by volunteers within the Wikimedia movement, even though it doesn't appear to have an explicit connection at start. Examples within each goal of targets that do have or could have a connection to projects within the Wikimedia movement:
1. No poverty
- "By 2030, ensure that all men and women, in particular the poor and the vulnerable, have equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to basic services, ownership and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance, natural resources, appropriate new technology and financial services, including microfinance"
2. Zero hunger
- "By 2030, double the agricultural productivity and incomes of small-scale food producers, in particular women, indigenous peoples, family farmers, pastoralists and fishers, including through secure and equal access to land, other productive resources and inputs, knowledge, financial services, markets and opportunities for value addition and non-farm employment"
3. Good health and wellbeing
- "By 2030, ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health-care services, including for family planning, information and education, and the integration of reproductive health into national strategies and programmes"
4. Quality education
- "By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development"
5. Gender equality
- "Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decisionmaking in political, economic and public life"
- "Enhance the use of enabling technology, in particular information and communications technology, to promote the empowerment of women"
6. Clean water and sanitation
- "Support and strengthen the participation of local communities in improving water and sanitation management"
7. Affordable and clean energy
- "By 2030, enhance international cooperation to facilitate access to clean energy research and technology, including renewable energy, energy efficiency and advanced and cleaner fossil-fuel technology, and promote investment in energy infrastructure and clean energy technology"
8. Decent worth and economic growth
- "Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high-value added and labour-intensive sectors"
- "Promote development-oriented policies that support productive activities, decent job creation, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation, and encourage the formalization and growth of micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises, including through access to financial services"
9. Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- "Enhance scientific research, upgrade the technological capabilities of industrial sectors in all countries, in particular developing countries, including, by 2030, encouraging innovation and substantially increasing the number of research and development workers per 1 million people and public and private research and development spending"
- "Facilitate sustainable and resilient infrastructure development in developing countries through enhanced financial, technological and technical support to African countries, least developed countries, landlocked developing countries and small island developing States"
- "Support domestic technology development, research and innovation in developing countries, including by ensuring a conducive policy environment for, inter alia, industrial diversification and value addition to commodities"
- "Significantly increase access to information and communications technology and strive to provide universal and affordable access to the Internet in least developed countries by 2020"
10. Reduced inequalities
- "Ensure enhanced representation and voice for developing countries in decision-making in global international economic and financial institutions in order to deliver more effective, credible, accountable and legitimate institutions "
11 Sustainable cities and communities
- "Strengthen efforts to protect and safeguard the world’s cultural and natural heritage"
12. Responsible consumption and production
- "Encourage companies, especially large and transnational companies, to adopt sustainable practices and to integrate sustainability information into their reporting cycle"
- "Promote public procurement practices that are sustainable, in accordance with national policies and priorities"
- "By 2030, ensure that people everywhere have the relevant information and awareness for sustainable development and lifestyles in harmony with nature"
- "Support developing countries to strengthen their scientific and technological capacity to move towards more sustainable patterns of consumption and production"
- "Develop and implement tools to monitor sustainable development impacts for sustainable tourism that creates jobs and promotes local culture and products"
13. Climate action
- "Improve education, awareness-raising and human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning"
- "Promote mechanisms for raising capacity for effective climate change-related planning and management"
14. Life below water
- "Minimize and address the impacts of ocean acidification, including through enhanced scientific cooperation at all levels"
- "Increase scientific knowledge, develop research capacity and transfer marine technology, taking into account the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission Criteria and Guidelines on the Transfer of Marine Technology, in order to improve ocean health and to enhance the contribution of marine biodiversity to the development of developing countries, in particular small island developing States and least developed countries"
15. Life on land
- "Enhance global support for efforts to combat poaching and trafficking of protected species, including by increasing the capacity of local communities to pursue sustainable livelihood opportunities"
16. Peace, justice and strong institutions
- "Develop effective, accountable and transparent institutions at all levels"
- "Ensure public access to information and protect fundamental freedoms, in accordance with national legislation and international agreements"
17. Partnerships for the goals
- "Enhance North-South, South-South and triangular regional and international cooperation on and access to science, technology and innovation and enhance knowledge sharing on mutually agreed terms, including through improved coordination among existing mechanisms, in particular at the United Nations level, and through a global technology facilitation mechanism"
- "Promote the development, transfer, dissemination and diffusion of environmentally sound technologies to developing countries on favourable terms, including on concessional and preferential terms, as mutually agreed"
- "Enhance international support for implementing effective and targeted capacity-building in developing countries to support national plans to implement all the sustainable development goals, including through North-South, South-South and triangular cooperation"
- "Enhance the global partnership for sustainable development, complemented by multi-stakeholder partnerships that mobilize and share knowledge, expertise, technology and financial resources, to support the achievement of the sustainable development goals in all countries, in particular developing countries"
- "Encourage and promote effective public, public-private and civil society partnerships, building on the experience and resourcing strategies of partnerships"
- "By 2020, enhance capacity-building support to developing countries, including for least developed countries and small island developing States, to increase significantly the availability of high-quality, timely and reliable data disaggregated by income, gender, age, race, ethnicity, migratory status, disability, geographic location and other characteristics relevant in national contexts"
- "By 2030, build on existing initiatives to develop measurements of progress on sustainable development that complement gross domestic product, and support statistical capacity-building in developing countries."