This is a Closed submission
for Wikimania 2019
. It has been reviewed and was not accepted.
Transcription/An Opinionated Point of View on Wikisource 2.0
This presentation aims at providing a seed for the Wikisource 2030: Let's Dream Together round table proposal.
It will present some possible directions we could take and systems we could adopt to improve Wikisource both for users and editors.
It aims at trying to broaden the vision of the possible perspective of Wikisource as seen by the audience and make it react on the proposal, in the hope it will foster creative ideas for the round table.
It will cover at least:
- A list of things Wikisource should be able to provide to its readers and does not yet or does badly.
- To enable the previously listed features some ideas on:
- fixing metadata management and improving Wikidata integration as a follow up of |my Wikimania 2017 presentation.
- better transcription tools for allowing better text transcription and annotations and editing tools by replacing Wikitext by a more suitable markup format while providing easy migration.
- tools we could build on top of the two previous points.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
This presentation aims at giving some ideas for the Wikisource 2030: Let's Dream Together round table proposal. It fits in the theme as a possible discussion seed for the round table
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
Audience will hopefully have extended opinions on where Wikisource should go.
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Lecture. 20mns talk + 10mns questions would be great.
The session will work best with these conditions:
- Room: projector + screen. A small room should be enough, the intended audience is the people who are going to participate to the round table.
- Audience: The audience should be at least slightly familiar with Wikisource