This page aims to make coordination of travel to and during Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm easier. Do you want to get to Stockholm by other means than flying? Do you want to make common tours of the country and region before or after Wikimania? Coordinating and travelling with others help reduce the economic and environmental costs – and makes travelling much more fun! Please list different initiatives below, stating the dates and places of departure and arrival both ways, who will be in charge of the coordination and any cost estimates.
See also the page for sustainable travelling for further information on travelling sustainably.
Travelling to and from Stockholm[edit | edit source]
WikiBus[edit | edit source]
I am organising a WikiBus to Stockholm (from Hamburg/Berlin or maybe from Amsterdam, maybe with a stop or two to pick up any Danish Wikimaniacs). Please consider the carsharing option below! --Gnom (talk) 18:43, 4 July 2019 (UTC)
Car-Sharing[edit | edit source]
If you are coming to Wikimania by car and have free seats to offer along the way, please write down when and where you start so other Wikimedians can join your ride. There's also an app that you could use: Skjutsgruppen. We have set a group there for people coming to Wikimania.
Car from / to Hamburg via Copenhagen[edit | edit source]
If the bus option (see above) fails, we would drive with my Viano from Hamburg to Stockholm on Wednesday 14th and back to Hamburg on Monday 19th via Lübeck and Copenhagen. We will fill the cooler as required.
Meeting point: Mc Donalds Kystvejen 1, 2770 Kastrup, Danmark. Thats in walking distance from the airport bus terminal and near the last exit in Denmark on the motorway to Sweden. --Bahnmoeller (talk) 12:29, 24 July 2019 (UTC)
- @Bahnmoeller: Okay. I'll be there at 13:30. I'm very tall and will have a large mustard coloured wheelbag with me, so I should be easy to spot. Bahnfrend (talk) 04:41, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Bahnmoeller: I'm trying to arrange last minute travel to Stockholm and find your option to be very interesting. What time do I need to be in Hamburg to meet up with you, would it be possible to pick me up at the Hauptbahnhoff? And what time would you be back in Hamburg on Monday? (Travelling from the Netherlands). Ciell (talk) 20:32, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
|LEP Hamburg||Bahnmoeller daughter|
|LEP Hamburg||Bahnmoellers daughter|
|Jeremyb||confirmed to Copenhegen|
|Pharos||confirmed to Copenhagen|
- I am interested in travelling Copenhagen to Stockholm by bus, Viano or train on Wed 14. I'll be flying into CPH from Australia on Mon 12. I own an MB G-Wagen and have experience driving on Autobahns (and also across the Nullarbor Plain). So I could do some of the driving of the Viano (I can also navigate). Bahnfrend (talk) 08:17, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
- I want to go earlier than 14th, I could join for return on 19th. or also am happy to take train both ways. --Jeremyb (talk) 04:13, 1 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Bahnmoeller: how do I find you in Stockholm? --Jeremyb-phone (talk) 13:59, 16 August 2019 (UTC)
@Bahnmoeller: I don't want to wait any longer to book train, about to do that.--Jeremyb (talk) 12:06, 9 August 2019 (UTC)
WikiTrain[edit | edit source]
I am probably flying to Copenhagen from New York City, since it is a hub and cheaper for me an and perhaps others. The train is 5.5 hours to Stockholm, can perhaps join up with others coming from farther by train from Germany, etc.
- trip TO Stockholm: August 13 (Tuesday), 16:23-21:59
- trip FROM Stockholm: To Be Determined
- By train to Stockholm and back, both ways. I arrive in Copenhagen August 10.--Pharos (talk) 16:28, 27 June 2019 (UTC)
- Coming from NYC - if this makes sense then I would join. Blue Rasberry (talk) 17:09, 27 June 2019 (UTC)
- Another from NYC.--Jeremyb (talk)--19:06, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
- See my comment under "Car from Hamburg" entry above. Bahnfrend (talk) 08:19, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
- Coming through from the Netherlands --1Veertje (talk) 16:29, 11 July 2019 (UTC)
- Copenhagen Airport Station
WikiShip[edit | edit source]
- Nova Star (Polferries) Nynäshamn, august 20 > Gdansk, august 21 — Rudolf (1rhb) ( ✉) 07:01, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
Ferry from Turku, Finland[edit | edit source]
Stockholm Arlanda Airport[edit | edit source]
Because some people still take the plane.
- 2019-08-12 Arriving Monday afternoon Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 06:58, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
- 2019-08-13 08:00 Arriving on 13 August 2019 at 8:00 AM --Owula kpakpo (talk) 19:33, 2 August 2019 (UTC)
- 2019-08-13 09:55 Arriving on 13 August 2019 at 9:55 AM --عباد ديرانية (talk) 05:38, 5 August 2019 (UTC).
- 2019-08-13 12:25 Arriving on 13 August 2019 at 12:25 PM Akorenchkin (talk) 13:16, 7 August 2019 (UTC)
- 2019-08-13 14:40 Arriving on 13 August 2019 at 2:40 PM --Sannita (talk) 17:16, 8 August 2019 (UTC)
- 2019-08-13 16:00 Arriving on 13 August 4 PM --KuboF Hromoslav (talk) 20:09, 11 August 2019 (UTC)
- 2019-08-13 17:20 Arriving on 13 August 2019 at 5:20 PM (would be on Air China flight CA911, so forgive me :) ) --無聊龍 (talk) 17:47, 8 August 2019 (UTC)
- 2019-08-13 17:30 Arriving on 13 August 2019 at 5:30 PM at Terminal 5 -- Already have booked Flixbus at 6:30 PM.--Liridon (talk) 21:08, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
- 2019-08-13 18:20 Arriving on 13 August 2019 at 6:20 PM, VIGNERON (talk) 15:59, 2 August 2019 (UTC)
- 2019-08-13 19:30 Arriving on 13 August 2019 at 7:30 PM at Terminal 2 together with ba:User:З. ӘЙЛЕ.-- Already have booked Flixbus at 9:00 PM.--Frhdkazan (talk) 06:28, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- 2019-08-13 20:15 Arriving on 13 August 2019 at 8:15 PM. Ping me if anyone is coming from the airport at the same time. Wikilover90 (talk) 16:56, 2 August 2019 (UTC)
- 2019-08-15 13:10 Arriving on 15 August 2019 at 1:10 PM. Ping me if anyone is coming from the airport at the same time. --Tofeiku (talk) 00:55, 9 August 2019 (UTC)
- 2019-08-15 14:05 Arriving on 15 August 2019 at 2:05 PM Edward (talk) 19:58, 3 August 2019 (UTC)
- 2019-08-13 13:10 pm Arriving on 13 August 2019 at 13:10 pm via Dubai.--ولاء (talk) 20:08, 11 August 2019 (UTC)
- Arriving on 15 August 2019 at 11:00 AM --eldarado ✉ 12:42, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
Tours before or after Wikimania[edit | edit source]
20 August Helsinki[edit | edit source]
Wikimedia Finland has promised to give a guided tour at Helsinki on Tue 20th August. If there is interest then there will be another one in Wed 21th August too.