Welcome to our Wikimedia 2030 – Movement Strategy space!
Any questions about this space? Ask the team members listed below.
In 2017, we set ourselves an ambitious goal of becoming the support system for the whole free knowledge movement, and now we need a path for how we get there. In the spirit of what got us started we will work together to find our path. Nine working groups from our global community are identifying how we need to adapt our structures and maximize our movement’s potential in the fields of Roles & Responsibilities, Revenue Streams, Resource Allocation, Capacity Building, Partnerships, Diversity, Product & Technology, Community Health, and Advocacy.
Our Wikimedia 2030 space at Wikimania 2019 will be a lively hub of discussions about building the future of our movement. Representatives from each working group will attend, and this will be an opportunity for everyone to discuss draft recommendations for structural change in person. We will also host a meet-up space in the hotel on the Friday and Saturday evenings, where we’ve got more fun things planned.
In our space during daytime, we will host one 90-minutes session for each thematic area:
- to present movement strategy and the draft recommendations, provide context and support common understanding;
- to engage with participants and gather feedback on the draft recommendations;
- to engage with members from other working groups, discuss overlaps of thematic areas, and set the stage for harmonizing recommendations.
Background[edit | edit source]
- Wikimedia 2030 on Meta
- Wikimedia‘s strategic direction
- Nine working groups established in July 2018
- Draft recommendations developed by the nine working groups
- Community conversations to enrich the work of the working groups
- Wikimedia 2030 at Wikimania 2018
- Wikimedia 2030 at Wikimania 2017
Program[edit | edit source]
|9:30||-||Roles & Responsibilities
Zeineb Takouti et al.
|Product & Technology
Matanya Moses et al.
Alice Wiegand et al.
Alek Tarkowski et al.
Liang-chih ShangKuan et al.
Pavan Santhosh et al.
Michal Buczyński et al.
Iván Martínez et al.
Megan Hernandez et al.
|16:30||Q&A: Ask us anything about
Movement Strategy / Wikimedia 2030
Sessions outside of the Karman Wikimedia 2030 space:
- Room Menchú B487, Friday 13:00-14:00 One World, One Wiki! - C. Scott Ananian
- Room Menchú B487, Friday 15:00-16:30 Make people care: using SDGs to talk about Free Knowledge - Maiken Hagemeister, Lisa Dittmer, Jan Apel, Tjane Hartenstein
|21:00||Fireside chat: "Can Strategy Help Predict Our Future? Thoughts on Movement Strategy by Katherine Maher (Wikimedia Foundation ED) and Lisa Lewin (Trustee)||Strategy space evening fun|
|22:00||Strategy space evening fun|
Working group members at Wikimania[edit | edit source]
Advocacy[edit | edit source]
- Alice Wiegand
Capacity Building[edit | edit source]
- Jeffrey Keefer --- FULBERT (talk) 12:26, 26 July 2019 (UTC)
- Liang-chih Shang Kuan --- Shangkuanlc (talk) 14:24, 9 August 2019 (UTC)
- H. Hakan Özdemir --- HakanIST (talk) 06:35, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
- Dariusz Jemielniak --- Pundit (talk) 13:19, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
Community Health[edit | edit source]
- Jackie Koerner
- Pavan Santosh
Diversity[edit | edit source]
- Marc Miquel
- Iván Martínez
- Afifa Afrin
Partnerships[edit | edit source]
- John Cummings
- Alek Tarkowski
Product and Technology[edit | edit source]
- RYU Cheol
- Matanya Moses
Resource Allocation[edit | edit source]
- Daria Cybulska
- Michal Buczyński
Revenue Streams[edit | edit source]
- Guillaume Paumier
- Megan Hernandez
Roles and Responsibilities[edit | edit source]
- Anne Clin
- Zeinab Takouti
Strategy liaisons at Wikimania[edit | edit source]
- Anass Sedrati (asedratiwikimedia.org) - Arabic language communities
- Diane Ranville (dranville-ctrwikimedia.org) - French language communities
- Francesc Fort (ffortwikimedia.org) - Spanish language communities
- Gereon Kalkuhl (gkalkuhlwikimedia.org) - German and Dutch language communities
- Liang-chih Shang Kuan (lshangkuanwikimedia.org) - Chinese / East, South East Asia and Pacific Region (ESEAP) communities
- Lucas Teles (lteleswikimedia.org) - Portuguese language communities
- Rupika Sharma (rsharmawikimedia.org) - Hindi language communities
Core team members at Wikimania[edit | edit source]
- Anna Rees (email@example.com)
- Bhavesh Patel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kaarel Vaidla (email@example.com)
- Kelsi Stine-Rowe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mehrdad Pourzaki (email@example.com)
- Nicole Ebber (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tanveer Hasan (email@example.com)
Relationship to the Sustainable Development Goals[edit | edit source]
We believe the following SDGs are relevant to our space.
Discussion[edit | edit source]
Questions? Comments? Write them here!
2019:Meetups says the evening fun starts at 20:00, here it says 21:00. --Tgr (talk) 06:51, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have updated the meetups page. The official program starts at 21:00. --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 18:15, 12 August 2019 (UTC)