2021:Submissions/Peer-support networks - a working model for the support of targets of harassment in the Wikimedia movement?
Speakers[edit | edit source]
- Lea Volz
- Christel Steigenberger
- Justice Okai-Allotey Wikimedia Ghana User Group
- Natalia Szafran-Kozakowska
Abstract[edit | edit source]
Peer-support networks have been discussed as a way to support targets of harassment in the Wikimedia movement in the past. This session wants to explore further how networking on different levels can help to support targets of harassment and open discussions on questions like:
- What are the needs and expectations of volunteers? What capacity do affiliates have to give support?
- What would they need to strengthen capacities in this field?
- What role can the Wikimedia Foundation take?
Session Outcomes[edit | edit source]
- Increased knowledge about existing support for targets of harassment in different communities
- Increased knowledge about the needs of targets of harassment
- Ideas on how to better support targets of harassment