2021:Submissions/The experiences of WikiGap and WikiForHumanRights. Working with UN experts on topics for impact
Speakers[edit | edit source]
- Alex Stinson
- John Cummings
- Eric Luth
- Ruben Brouwer, Human Rights Officer at United Nations Human Rights
- Suzanne Lapstun, Editorial Manager of Publications, FAO
- Monica Iyer, Human Rights Officer at United Nations Human Rights
- Euphemia Uwandu, local #WikiForHumanRights Organizer Wikimedian from Nigeria
Abstract[edit | edit source]
This will be a curated panel discussion from a mix of stakeholders in the WikiGap and WikiForHumanRights Campaigns: UN partner allies, meta organizers and local organizers. Each participant will reflect on how international content campaigns advance the movement’s strategic focus area on Topics for Impact and the UN agencies need to disseminate around international goals (like the SDGS).
Session Outcomes[edit | edit source]
- Attendees understand better the wider context of topics of impact organizing with international agencies.
- Contextualise the value of the work done by Wikimedia contributors on topics for impact with partners
- Understanding how translating international issues into local collaborations on Wikimedia projects is strategic for partners and community
Slides[edit | edit source]