16-19 Ağustos 2023, Singapur ve Çevrim içi
Tema: Çeşitlilik. İş birliği. Gelecek.
The Poster track is an opportunity for participants to showcase their own projects at the conference. Topics presented will not be restricted to the general conference theme. Whether participants plan to be in Singapore or somewhere else in the world, they were encouraged to submit for review their poster ideas, in any language, as a meaningful way to participate in the conference. All accepted submissions will be printed in Singapore and will be featured in the Expo space, viewable by attendees during the duration of the conference.
The Poster session will include all accepted posters. The poster session will occur on Thursday, 17 August, 9:00 UTC and will be one of the prime events in Wikimania. It is an opportunity for participants to interact with their audience one-on-one, for a longer time, and in greater depth. It will be the primary venue for attendees to showcase their own projects at the conference. The Poster session enables many more submissions to be accepted, as they are presented simultaneously, and allows people who are less confident in public speaking to participate fully.
This is the official category on Commons for accepted Wikimania 2023 Posters.
- Create your poster and upload it to "commons:Category:Wikimania 2023 Posters" by the designated date.
- Pre-record an on-demand video to describe your poster, and upload the video to Wikimedia Commons.
- Provide a short summation of your poster (for example, you could choose to include the wording in your submission’s Abstract).
- The written message will be included in your program submission page on Wikimania wiki. The wiki page will have translation tags that enable the general community to translate it. Your poster will be assigned a QR code to the wiki page.
- In the event you find difficulty performing the tasks above, you may email us at wikimaniawikimedia.org for alternative options.
- Poster authors who are conference attendees in Singapore are invited to stand with their posters during the session to discuss the topic in person with the attendees.
- Poster authors who will be remote should include methods for contact on their poster, such as an email address and/or wiki page, so that attendees can get in touch after the Poster Session with any thoughts or questions.
Poster creation instructions
All posters need to meet the following criteria;
- One poster per accepted submission.
- Poster can be in more than one language.
- Poster size/format: A1.
- All images are freely licensed with the author credited. Remember, we set the standards we expect on reusing our content.
- Limit the text used. Include one or more QR codes to link to more detailed information, reports, instructions, or presentation videos (e.g., on Wiki-Meta, Wikimedia Commons, etc.).
- You can remove your poster (or ask a friend) from the 3rd or 4th Levels of Suntec after the last break on Saturday afternoon, 19 August. All posters not collected will be recycled.
- Deadline: We ask that all posters are uploaded to Wikimedia Commons before AoE 30 July 2023. This allows time for review and printing.
Once the participant chooses the topic they want for their poster, lay out the story in a way that lets other people know what happened, what were the key results, and what (if any) is their advice to the audience. They can also use the ABCDs of Storytelling as a guide to creating the poster. Find more detailed guidance at this Posters that work Learning Pattern, and also by looking at posters shown at previous Wikimedia events:
- Posters created for Wikimania 2019
- Posters created for Wikimania 2018
- Posters created for Wikimedia Conference 2018
- Posters created for Wikimania 2017
- Posters created for Wikimedia Conference 2017
There are many programs/templates the participant can use to create a poster. It is suggested that Microsoft PowerPoint, LibreOffice Presentation, and LibreOffice Draw are the easiest to use, and make good-looking posters. Other programs like Inkscape have more features, but they are also more difficult to learn, and tools like Adobe InDesign & Illustrator are expensive. Another option is to use Google Draw.
Whichever program/template the participant chooses, organizers request the participant to set the size of the poster before they start adding words and pictures. This will help the participant make sure that the fonts they are using are the right size, and that the pictures they include have a high enough resolution to print properly.
Here are some links that may help participants create a poster of the correct size:
- Poster templates for Microsoft Powerpoint
- How to set paper size in LibreOffice documents
- A2 posters from WM2022
- A3 posters from WM2022
- A5 posters from WM2022
Once the poster is complete, the participant must export it to PDF format and open it in a PDF reader to make sure that everything is displaying correctly. Some questions the participant might ask oneself are
- "Are my pictures blurry?"
- "Is my text aligned?"
List of posters
|Fostering Growth: The Revival of Ghana's Most Spoken Language on Wikipedia||Community Initiatives||en|
|Inspiring Rural Girls to promote versions wiki movement through Wikipedia||Community Initiatives||en|
|Open Foundation West Africa- Array of Programs||Community Initiatives||en|
|The Potential of Gimpscape ID in Enriching Educational Graphic Resources in Wikimedia Commons||Community Initiatives||en|
|WikiAfrica Hour: 2 years and onward||Community Initiatives||en|
|بوستر مبادرات مجتمع ويكيميديا السودان||Community Initiatives||ar|
|A Baker's Dozen Years of Peeragogy and Wikimedia + What's Next||Education||en|
|Poster: 5 editions of the education offline initiative WikiChallenge Ecoles d'Afrique||Education||en|
|Power of Inclusion: Wiki for Senior Citizens Network||Education||en|
|Reading Wikipedia in the Classroom||Education||en|
|Toward more flexible Education Programs in the Middle East||Education||en|
|What is the language of science ? An in-depth discussion of language power dynamics in STEM||Education||en|
|8 years of Wiki Loves Women||Equity and Community Health||en|
|Advancement Within The Wikimedia Space Beyond Book And Pen||Equity and Community Health||en|
|Breaking Barriers and Bridging Gaps: VGLUG's Initiatives for Empowering Rural Youths and Strengthening Bonds within the Community.||Equity and Community Health||en|
|Inspiring Women Inspiring Citations||Equity and Community Health||en|
|The Wiki Vibrance Iniciative: Empodering Young People in the Movement - poster||Equity and Community Health||en|
|Your Community and the Universal Code of Conduct||Equity and Community Health||en|
|Singapore half a century ago||ESEAP (East, South East Asia, and the Pacific) Region||en|
|Empowering Nigerian Libraries and Librarians through Wikis: A Journey of Open GLAM||GLAM, Heritage, and Culture||en|
|Five Years with Wiki Loves Folklore - poster||GLAM, Heritage, and Culture||en|
|Join hands together for the exchange of Culture||GLAM, Heritage, and Culture||en|
|kuwiki=artwiki – Art History and Wikipedia||GLAM, Heritage, and Culture||en|
|Visualising the Revolution: a visual response to Heather Ford's book||GLAM, Heritage, and Culture||en|
|WLA - 9 years of Wiki Loves Africa||GLAM, Heritage, and Culture||en|
|Archivos en Vigilia: por la verdad, los derechos, y el acceso a la información||GLAM, Heritage, and Culture||es|
|El Proyecto de Digitalización de Wikimedia Argentina: 7 años de trabajo continuo||GLAM, Heritage, and Culture||es, en|
|Wax cilinders in València||GLAM, Heritage, and Culture||es|
|Bénin Museum Tour Retour d'expérience||GLAM, Heritage, and Culture||fr|
|A Cybernetic-Epistemic Synopsis of Wikidata||Open Data||en|
|Everything you need to know to become a data quality hero on Wikidata||Open Data||en|
|Visibility and Accessibility: the prodigy of Wikimedia to Library Resources||Open Data||en|
|Wikiproject Govdirectory||Open Data||en|
|WikiJournal Overview||Research, Science, and Medicine||en|
|“Diversity, Collaboration, Future” in technology: A network of community-centered software development teams||Technology||en|
|Supporting 3D content on Wikipedia: what and why it is needed||Technology||en|
|I want to ride my bicycle [to reach unillustrated landmarks on Commons]||Wild Ideas||en|
|Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan Science Fair||Wild Ideas||en|
|Wikipedia. An opportunity to preserve a language or a challenge on pushing it out from using?||Wild Ideas||en|
|Wikispore: a space to grow new ideas||Wild Ideas||en|