2021:Submissions/Newcomer Experience and Content Campaigns
Speakers[edit | edit source]
Abstract[edit | edit source]
This coming year, WMF is beginning two "pilot" projects to rapidly iterate on improvements to "newcomer experience" and "content campaigns" working with target language communities. Improving workflows and tools for these are crucial ways to encourage more people to contribute content for the first time, and become active parts of our community long term - especially in languages and regions where Wikipedia is less well known.
Come to this workshop to learn about the 'who', 'when', and 'what' of this work - and most importantly the 'how' you can be involved in the development.
Session Outcomes[edit | edit source]
Understanding the practical implications of the WMF 'product strategy' as it relates to these two pilot programs - Learning what kinds of work is being undertaken, and how individual language communities can benefit from, or participate in, the pilots. - Providing practical input to the development teams.
I'm planning to attend this session live![edit | edit source]
- Nana yaa series (talk) 17:20, 10 August 2021 (UTC)
- DavidMCEddy (talk) 18:18, 11 August 2021 (UTC)
- GFontenelle (WMF) (talk) 20:15, 12 August 2021 (UTC)
- OwenBlacker (talk) 08:44, 14 August 2021 (UTC)
- Bunty Avieson (talk) 04:42, 15 August 2021 (UTC)
- Ashay vb (talk) 08:11, 15 August 2021 (UTC)
- Antiqueight (talk) 09:08, 18 August 2021 (UTC)