Some other translations at some point[edit source]
Hi. Thanks for your translations. If you have a chance, there are some systems messages that could do with a bit of love at Wikimania:Mediawiki pages with translations. — billinghurst sDrewth 10:20, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for reminding me. I will solve it after I finish the translations of Scholarships and Scholarship/FAQ. --游魂 (talk) 13:25, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
Scholarship revert[edit source]
Hey, thanks for your revert. I totally understand I may be wrong. However, scholarships are in fact running => opened. I don't think we need to "discouradge" potentional applicants from applying, when it's technically possible to apply. Ad the date, I taken it from CentralNotice (inactive, but present in the system). Best, --Martin Urbanec (talk) 16:39, 24 February 2019 (UTC)
- @Martin Urbanec:I understand your thoughts. However, DerHexer told me that the application page was just a test one, and the WMF just forgot to mark it. I don't want to discourage applicants, but now the system is being tested, and what they upload may not be accepted by WMF while they won't know it. Thanks for your concern about the application, while please wait for DerHexer's reply. --游魂 (talk) 01:00, 25 February 2019 (UTC)
- We will accept those application who were already submitted and maybe have to get back to them for additional information we wanted to ask. But I'm confident that we will officially start the banner campaign and notifications to local projects soon. Sorry for the confusion. Best, DerHexer (talk) 14:35, 25 February 2019 (UTC)
Wikimania News[edit source]
As you may have noticed on the mailing lists and on this wiki, there's a lot of things happening with Wikimania right now:
- The scholarship application process has OPENED.
- Call for spaces and their leaders is OPEN.
- Theme and first keynote speaker has been ANNOUNCED
It would be great if you could help spread these news to your local communities!
We are also looking for an ambassador coordinator, a person willing to coordinate and take a lead on the ambassador efforts. Would you like to be that person? If so, please send an email to eric.luth[at]wikimedia.se, describing why you would be the most suitable person for that role. The Wikimania ambassador lead will coordinate and drive the ambassador efforts, which will allow you to network with all the ambassadors and help organize the conference in another level.
Wikimania Ambassador[edit source]