Wikimania has a number of needs for volunteers in helping with the Unconference organization and the Community Village. Please sign up here if you are able to help, with anything specific you might be able to provide. Thanks so much for your generous time. The organizing team will confirm as well.
Unconference Hosts[edit | edit source]
Assist in helping users understand how to schedule sessions, find the right virtual rooms and craft effective Unconference sessions.
Community Village Support[edit | edit source]
Assist in helping affiliates and user groups set up their virtual tables in the conference space. Ideal for someone who is already planning to host a table at the Village!
Q&A facilitation[edit | edit source]
We will need some volunteers to support the Q&A process of some sessions.
- User: Manavpreet Kaur
- User: Gilbert Ndihokubwayo
- User: Robertjamal12
- User: Dnshitobu
- User: Gongfong2021
General assistance[edit | edit source]
Assist in helping users find their way in the virtual space - Telegram, Remo.co platform, wiki editing, etc.
- User:Rosiestep - For trust and safety issues
- Isabelle Belato - assistance in English and Portuguese
- User:Oby Ezeilo - For Igbo User Group
- User: Dnshitobu - For Dagbani User Group and members of the Gurunɛ Wikimedians
- User: Baav - Para usuarios de habla español
- User: Joy Agyepong - For trust and safety issues -en, tw
- User:ProtoplasmaKid - For trust and safety issues, en and es support
- User:Sojol Rana - assistance in Bengali
- User:Ruby D-Brown- Trust and safety and other assistance needed
- Em-mustapha For Hausa Community participants and editing help
- User:Arian - Trust & safety, En and Fa support
- Add name here
Post Production[edit | edit source]
We want to make sure all recordings make it to Commons. For this, we have two roles where we definitely need some volunteer support.
Closed Captioning[edit | edit source]
While You Tube will produce automated captions, someone needs to export them, make sure they align with the (possibly edited) video file and do a brief quality check. Especially support needed from some people who speak Arabic, German, Spanish, French, Russian or Chinese.
- NANöR (Arabic, French, English)
- YOWOT868 （Chinese and English）
- Amtliz (Spanish)
- Nehaoua (Arabic, French)
- Add name here (and language capabilities)
Copyright Filtering for videos[edit | edit source]
We want to make sure that we flag as many problems with the video before uploading them to Wikimedia Commons. We will need some support from volunteers who know Commons policies well, and are willing to review the videos, and flag any significant issues.
Uploading to Commons[edit | edit source]
We will need some support to assist in the actual upload of the files to Commons.