- Gnom (email@example.com)
- Joy Agyepong (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Short description[edit | edit source]
- This space will look at the connections between Free Knowledge and environmental sustainability: How can the Wikimedia Movement play a role in the struggle towards a more environmentally sustainable future through providing resources, partnerships, and leading by example?
Background[edit | edit source]
Background should be covered with interactive images so that the partial special challenged are able to interact with the images.
See also, for this Wikimania edition, 2019:Carbon offsetting.
Topics[edit | edit source]
Topics proposers want[edit | edit source]
- Sessions about Wikimedia’s carbon footprint, Wikipedia as a global knowledge resource on climate change and disaster response, possible GLAM-like partnerships with environmental research institutions and NGOs, environmental information (live and historical) on Wikidata, biodiversity information on Wikipedia/Wikidata/Wikispecies ... [Related SDGs: 7, 11, 13]
Topics the community wants[edit | edit source]
- Opening the floor for community to propose topics
All received submissions[edit | edit source]
Environmental sustainability submissions
- Environmental sustainability
- Environmental sustainability/Best practices for specialist content in environmental engineering and sustainability on Wikimedia projects
- Environmental sustainability/Climate change on Wikipedia
- Environmental sustainability/Environmental Sustenainability
- Environmental sustainability/How Wiki Loves Earth benefits (and harms) nature
- Environmental sustainability/How can we better work with environmental organisations?
- Environmental sustainability/Know Environment Well
- Environmental sustainability/Mapping Complexity at Wikimedia
- Environmental sustainability/Mapping Wikimedia activities towards the Global Goals
- Environmental sustainability/Panel on coverage of environmental topics
- Environmental sustainability/Submission form
- Environmental sustainability/The Wikis After Tomorrow: Overview of The Resilience Issues of The Wikimedia Sustainability Initiative From a Geography Standpoint
- Environmental sustainability/The journey of Wiki Loves Butterfly through the avenues of Butterfly-Nature and Wikimedia
- Environmental sustainability/Wiki Loves Vegan meetup
- Environmental sustainability/Wikimania remote
- Environmental sustainability/Wikimedia Foundation: What we've learned about environmental sustainability
- Environmental sustainability/transparency of consumption
Discussion[edit | edit source]
Questions? Comments? Write them here!
Delay: what's going on?[edit source]
@Joy Agyepong and Gnom: I've noticed the program was suposed to be released at July 1, but submissions still display "This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2019 that has not yet been reviewed.". What's going on? Was the timeline changed but the page wasn't updated? J. N. Squire (talk) 16:06, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
- Hi J. N. Squire, it's been tough to find time for this in between our day jobs and our remaining Wikimedia volunteer responsibilities. Thank you for your patience. If you have any specific questions, please let us know. --Gnom (talk) 19:27, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
List of presentations given?[edit source]
Shouldn't this page now be updated to show the list of presentations given, ideally with links to the presentations and videos (like they did for some of the other conference spaces like the one on "Research")? Just in way of better archiving and so that things can be found again in future. EMsmile (talk) 13:50, 24 September 2019 (UTC)