Conference Heroes are volunteers that are present at the conference, and who perform all those small and big tasks that make the conference run smoothly. They are welcoming and happy, they take care of the participants and have a deep feeling of hospitality and they identify individually if there are problems to see to. They are social, logistical, problem-solving and can handle stress.
- Example of tasks
- Support speakers, documentation team and make sure that sessions are running smoothly in each room.
- Responsibility for accessibility and safety: knowledge of CPR, how to handle emergencies and answer safety related questions.
- Taking care of help / registration desk.
- Help to transport material, set up the venue, prepare the rooms.
- Make sure that partners, sponsors and participants feel welcome.
- Welcome people at the airport(s).
- Guide people to side events.
- Check attendees list if necessary, and make sure that people have left at the specified time.
A conference hero has at least one of the competences below:
- Good English skills.
- Good social skills and the wish to make sure that all participants, speakers, sponsors and partners feel welcome.
- Competence in logistical matters, both the possibility to work hard to set up the venue and to see logistical problems that have to be solved.
- Problem-solvers, able to identify, solve themselves or otherwise see to it that problems are solved.
- Capable to handle stressful situations.
- CPR certificate. Training will be provided on beforehand to make sure that a fair amount of the conference heroes are CPR-certified.
- See also