Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Support speakers, documentation team and make sure that sessions are running smoothly in each room.
- Responsibility for accessibility and safety: knowledge of CPR, how to handle emergencies and answer safety related questions.
- Taking care of help / registration desk.
- Help to transport material, set up the venue, prepare the rooms.
- Make sure that partners, sponsors and participants feel welcome.
- Welcome people at the airport(s).
- Guide people to side events.
- Check attendees list if necessary, and make sure that people have left at the specified time.
A conference hero has at least one of the competences below:
- Good English skills.
- Good social skills and the wish to make sure that all participants, speakers, sponsors and partners feel welcome.
- Competence in logistical matters, both the possibility to work hard to set up the venue and to see logistical problems that have to be solved.
- Problem-solvers, able to identify, solve themselves or otherwise see to it that problems are solved.
- Capable to handle stressful situations.
- CPR certificate. Training will be provided on beforehand to make sure that a fair amount of the conference heroes are CPR-certified.
- See also
- Room angels, a role within conference heroes track.
- Airport volunteers, volunteers greeting attendees at the airport.