2021 talk:Submissions/Cross-wiki ideological conflict and Wikimedia's vision of knowledge equity
Hello Deryck and thank you very much for this great session,
To follow up on the discussion that was at the session, I wanted to know how all these great ideas that you have presented and gathered could be worked on? In other terms, how a project or a documentation of this could be happening? And who can work in them (WMF? Other stakeholders?).
- @Anass Sedrati: I think the best bet we have at making policy changes at Wikimedia-wide level is with the Universal Code of Conduct and the Movement Strategy. Relevant Wikimania sessions for the rest of this Wikimania:
- On a technological level, I think technology that encourages convergence by default will also help to address some of the challenges I raised today. Relevant sessions from this Wikimania (these have happened already, so just skim the presentations and contact the speakers if interested):
- 2021:Submissions/Global templates, component templates
- 2021:Submissions/Wikifunctions and Abstract Wikipedia (text content stored in translingual manner, to be auto-generated into each language on access)
- Deryck Chan (talk) 21:29, 14 August 2021 (UTC)