۱۶–۱۹ اوت ۲۰۲۳، سنگاپور و آنلاین
This year we are using Lime Survey for scholarship applications, a version of which is hosted on WMF servers all data is protected by the WMF privacy policies. The policy is can read in full at Legal:Wikimania 2023 Scholarship Application Privacy Statement. For transparency we will share a list of the successful scholarship recipients user names after everyone has been notified.
Below are the questions that will be used to assess every scholarship application. We encourage as much detail a possible, please include urls to support your answers. The COT recognises that it takes many different skills to make the projects a success. We know that English is not everyone's first language and that people are more comfortable to express their story in their first language we encourage you to do just that and the diverse Scholarship Committee will assess applications in that language or have it translated for review.
The Core Organizing Team (COT) regards your practical involvement in Wikimania as the most valuable part of attending. Instead of writing reports after the event, we are looking for you to participate during the event in our Expo space.
What Expo tables can you support?
- Wikimedia Commons
- Wikimedia Outreach
- Wiki Loves & other competitions
- Community Committees - Steering Committee, Language Committee, Movement Strategy
- MediaWiki, Tech and tools
Primarily we want to be able to help everyone expand their knowledge of all projects and find new ways to contribute. We encourage everyone to choose a project table to help other learn. For those that are not comfortable with talking to other Wikimedians there will be a limited number of alternate support tasks that can be done. This is being done to because reporting after the event is not all that successful in creating improvements to the movement or even future forms of the event. We know if you ask a Wikimedian for support they are always willing to help.
If a person walked up to you and asked you, "What is Wikimedia?" how would you respond?
- Example: Wikimedia is the support behind an altruistic movement that…
Tell us about your recent involvement in your home wiki or the broader Wikimedia movement. What have you built or contributed to in order to improve your wiki or community? Have you led or organized any of these activities? Which activity mattered the most to you personally, regardless of outcome? Please indicate which of these activities took place in the last 12 months. Remember links to the activities, dashboards, and reporting.
- Example: I created Commons:Quality Images and helped organise events like Wikimania 2023, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons%3AQuality_images&diff=2242438&oldid=2242388, https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Organizers
The ESEAP community chose the theme of Diversity, Collaboration and Future for Wikimania 2023. What does this mean to you? What do you think about when presented with this theme, and how will it impact your attendance at Wikimania?
- Example: When I see Diversity, Collaboration, Future I think of the movement. It will be awesome to able to share time with many Wikimedians from around the globe.
How do you usually share your experiences (or things you’ve learned) with your community? Examples of on-wiki summaries, reports, blog posts, meetup talks, etc. are welcome here. Please include links to examples.
- Example: I always write a report and speak about the events I attend and use what I learn to guide the development of activities. I also share photos of the event to help people record and remember what took place https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:ESEAP_Conference_2022_by_Gnangarra
As you can see you dont have to be great at writing to contribute to the community, a link can say a lot more than words like this example did. Every question has space to write great answers if that is what you do best just remember to point us to more information via urls.
On behalf of the Wikimania Core Organizing Team, the ESEAP Community, and the Wikimedia Foundation after three turbulent years we all look forward to welcoming everyone to Singapore in person and online in August.