2023:Hackathon/Visit to Singapore Botanic Gardens/fr
16–19 août 2023, à Singapour et en ligne
Diversité. Collaboration. Futur.
As part of the Wikimania 2023 Hackathon program, we're having a social event the day before the conference starts. We'll be going to the Singapore Botanic Gardens for a treasure hunt and then having dinner at a nearby hawker center. It'll be a fun day to enjoy together and make new friends. See you there!
Heure et date
The event will take place on Tuesday, 15th August 2023, from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM (Singapore Time). Mark your calendars and join us for a fantastic time at the Singapore Botanic Gardens!
Singapore Botanic Gardens is a 82-hectare tropical garden that contains more than 10,000 species, and has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2015. There are many photo spots in this huge garden, so bring your cameras and upload those photos to Commons!
Comment s'y rendre
- 4:15 pm: Gather at Wikimania Hackathon Help Desk (outside Room 308).
- 4:30 pm: Depart from Suntec Convention Center. Take Circle Line from Esplanade MRT (towards HarbourFront), and after 1 stop, transfer in Promenade MRT Station to the Downtown Line (towards Bukit Panjang). After six stops, and get off at the Botanic Gardens station (12 minute ride)
- 5:00 pm: Meet at Botanic Gardens Bukit Timah Gate, i.e. in front of Botanic Gardens MRT Station; go photograph the list of treasures or anything else you enjoy.
- 6:45 pm: Reconvene at Botanic Gardens Bukit Timah Gate.
- 7:00 pm: Dinner at Adam Food Centre (2 Adam Road, a 7 minute walk away), a popular hawker centre.
Photography Treasure Hunt
Join our exciting Photography Treasure Hunt while exploring the gardens! It's a unique opportunity to discover the best spots in the gardens and connect with fellow Wikimedians.
Treasures of the Gardens
The challenge is to find each of these in the Botanic Gardens, take a good photograph, upload to Commons, and add it to this section. Credit yourself in the caption!
- Wild chickens
- Bougainvilleas of different colors
- A rattan plant
- A waterfall
- Either a toxic or medicinal plant
- A clock tower
- Singapore's national flower
- A sundial
- The tree featured in Singapore's $5 note
- A swan
- Girl on a Bicycle
- Meranti melantai (Shorea macroptera)
- The palm tree species on the Botanic Gardens logo
- Fake giant moss sculptures
- Frederic Chopin sculpture
- Singapore's first ever green roof
- A historic gazebo
iNaturalist is a citizen science app you can use to photograph and identify species. See c:Commons:INaturalist for details of how to download, set up and configure the app. You can also set an open licence for your photos, so anyone can easily import them into Commons using the iNaturalist2Commons tool. Remember to note the photos of Botanic Garden plants as "cultivated".
Tous les frais liés au voyage, à la nourriture, etc. sont à la charge des participants.
Coûts estimés :
- S$1.38 for travel (Adult card fare, one way).
- Estimated around S$5 for food during dinner.
- Cash is accepted. Usually cashless QR payment PayNow is also accepted. However, credit/debit card is usually not accepted.
Entrance to Singapore Botanic Gardens itself is free. However, there are some sections that have entry restrictions:
- National Orchid Garden. S$5 entrance fee for local adults and S$15 for other adults.
- Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden are restricted only for children and accompanying parents.
While exploring the Garden, please exercise caution and avoid touching any plants that may be toxic. Your safety is our priority, and we want everyone to have a pleasant and incident-free experience during the event. Be mindful of this information and enjoy your time at the Singapore Botanic Gardens responsibly.
If you're interested in joining, please add your username here.
- Kenrick95 (talk) 12:56, 16 July 2023 (UTC)
- Gopavasanth (talk) 09:40, 17 July 2023 (UTC)
- Giantflightlessbirds (talk) 02:48, 20 July 2023 (UTC)
- Lkjidm (talk) 11:26, 21 July 2023 (UTC)
- Bennylin (talk) 15:53, 25 July 2023 (UTC)
- Novem Linguae (talk) 06:18, 27 July 2023 (UTC)
- Anthere (talk) 20:42, 27 July 2023 (UTC)
- Nnadigoodluck (talk) 02:03, 29 July 2023 (UTC)
- Almaddy2022 (talk) 11:38,29 July 2023(UTC)
- Laliv g (talk) 19:43, 29 July 2023 (UTC)
- Susannaanas (talk) 04:41, 30 July 2023 (UTC)
- Pakoire (talk) 08:18, 30 July 2023 (UTC)
- Csisc (talk) 09:21, 30 July 2023 (UTC)
- Stitchbird2 (talk) 20:04, 30 July 2023 (UTC)
- Avocadobabygirl (talk) 22:43, 30 July 2023 (UTC)
- Einebillion (talk) 04:00, 1 August 2023 (UTC) - No longer attending. Another session has grabbed me.
- Renvoy (talk) 16:58, 1 August 2023 (UTC)
- Diegodlh (talk) 09:41, 2 August 2023 (UTC)
- Kruusamägi (talk) 13:36, 2 August 2023 (UTC)
- Ndahiro derrick (talk) 14:19, 2 August 2023 (UTC)
- Mrb Rafi (talk) 16:46, 2 August 2023 (UTC)
- KStineRowe (WMF) (talk) 17:16, 2 August 2023 (UTC)
- Kowhaiarewhana (talk)
- Friagatewayfinder (talk)
- Lightspear451 (talk)
- Definedtriangleer (talk)
- User:AuteWayOfWeaving talk)
- Moheen (talk) 19:45, 4 August 2023 (UTC)
- Effeietsanders (talk) 00:04, 5 August 2023 (UTC)
- Waltercolor (talk) 09:40, 5 August 2023 (UTC)
- Oby Ezeilo (talk) 10:24, 5 August 2023 (UTC)
- Alli Khalil (talk) 08:17, 7 August 2023 (UTC)
- Ilham Mufti Laksono (talk) 13:28, 7 August 2023 (UTC)
- Phoebe (talk) 16:01, 7 August 2023 (UTC)
- Aristidek5maya (talk) 20:08, 8 August 2023 (UTC)
- Daniel Case (talk) 02:20, 10 August 2023 (UTC)
- Herbeeherb (talk)
- Castellum (talk) 11:45, 10 August 2023 (UTC)
- Fernando Archuby (talk) 20:16, 10 August 2023 (UTC)
- Виолетова (talk) 05:16, 11 August 2023 (UTC)
- NatasaNedanoska (talk) 11:29, 11 August 2023 (UTC)
- Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 19:03, 11 August 2023 (UTC)
- Chocmilk03 (talk) 12:37, 14 August 2023 (UTC)
- Dreamy Jazz (talk) 02:25, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
- Dsvyas (talk) 02:27, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
- Abittaker (WMF) (talk) 02:28, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
- Envlh (talk) 03:03, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
- Alejandra Reyes
- Mathilde Louis
- Michael Barbereau
- AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) (talk)
- OhanaUnited (talk)
- عرين أسد أبو رمان
- Doc James
- AdjoEsse (talk) 08:59, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
- EKokou (talk) 08:59, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
- Aimeabibis (talk) 09:05, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
- Yug (talk) 09:47, 15 August 2023 (UTC)