سيُعقد هاكاثون ويكيمانيا 2021 عن بعد وذلك في 13 أغسطس بدءًا من الساعة 5:00 بالتوقيت العالمي المنسق. نهدف إلى توفير مساحة تجمع المجتمع التقني وتشرك الأشخاص الذين يرغبون في المشاركة في تطوير ميدياويكي و العديد من المجالات الأخرى في النظام البيئي التقني لويكيميديا. نرى هذا اليوم أيضًا على أنه مساحة للتجارب. من خلال جدول زمني مفتوح، وعقلية منظّمة ذاتيًا ومريحة، فإن يوم الهاكاثون هو فرصة مثالية لك لتجربة مشاريع أو تنسيقات جديدة أو لجمع الأشخاص والبدء في العمل على فكرة جديدة.
- The Code of Conduct for Wikimedia's Technical Spaces will be in effect at the hackathon, on all platforms and discussion channels. Please have a look at it and ensure you are willing and able to follow it.
- If you don’t have one yet, create an account on your favorite wiki and on Phabricator
- Add yourself to the list of participants (New to Phabricator, Click here.)
- You can watch the opening session at any time on YouTube or on Commons.
- Join the social channels of the hackathon to get in touch with other participants
- Have a look at the hackathon Phabricator board to see if there are projects where you could get involved. Feel free to add comments on tasks to manifest your interest and get in touch with the task owner.
- Have a look at the schedule to see if there are any interesting sessions for you
There are usually various ways to connect with the other participants. Here are a few channels where people are likely to gather and chat:
On all channels and platforms related to the hackathon, the Code of Conduct for Wikimedia's Technical Spaces applies. Please check its content and actively engage in keeping the social channels a safe and friendly place for all participants. If you need to talk to someone or to report an issue, feel free to contact the Trust and Safety team on this Telegram group or to write to techconductwikimedia.org.
Propose a project or a session
During the Wikimania hackathon 2021, everyone is free to suggest projects they plan to spend time on, tasks they plan to work on, or sessions to host in the schedule.
To propose a project that you plan to work on:
- Please add or create a task in the Projects column of the Phabricator board.
- Make sure to describe the task in an understandable way, so people can understand what it is about.
- In the task description, add any information that will help new people join your project or that describes what you welcome help with: additional links, what kind of help or skills you are looking for, how to contact you, Telegram group for your project, related session in the program, etc.
- Feel free to advertise your project on the hackathon social channels. As there is no traditional “project matching” session, this is the easiest way to reach potential contributors.
To schedule a session:
- First, look at the schedule to see if a similar idea has already been scheduled, and to check what are the available time slots and rooms. (the hackathon is running from August 13th, 5am UTC (7am CEST) to August 14th, 5am UTC, and two sessions rooms are available on Jitsi)
- Please create a task in the Sessions column of the Phabricator board, using this template.
- As soon as the task is created, you can schedule your session by adding it in the schedule, filling in one of the table cells. Please add the name of your session and the link to the Phabricator task.
- Important: as a session facilitator, you must ensure that the Code of Conduct for Wikimedia's Technical Spaces will be respected during the session. We encourage you to find at least one co-facilitator to help you with this.
The hackathon showcase is a gathering where everyone has the opportunity to present what they have been working on.
It will take place on Day 5 of Wikimania, on Tuesday, August 17th. It will be in two parts:
- 15:00 UTC: presentations, watch the replay on YouTube
- 15:30 UTC: social gathering, Q&A and discussions on Jitsi (not recorded)
If you need to report a Code of Conduct issue, feel free to contact the Trust and Safety team on this Telegram group or to write to techconductwikimedia.org.