2023:Related events/Mind The Gap
16–19 August 2023, Singapore and Online
Diversity. Collaboration. Future.
Mind The Gap[edit | edit source]
For those who have registered, a confirmation e-mail has been sent! please check the important information mentioned in the e-mail :)
This event is optional and only for Wikimedian who are interested to interact with Google.
Please make sure your time is free to attend the event and you are not committed to attending other events at Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre on the same day.
Registration is already closed Please wait for the confirmation email from our end for those who already register :)
Registration does not mean confirmed participation. Please wait for our confirmation emails before finalizing your plans (for logistical purpose).
09:00–15:00, Tuesday 15 August 2023
Everest Room, Level 3, Google Asia Pacific Office, Singapore.
08.15: Pick up at Suntec Convention Center (in front of the big LED wall)
08.45-09.00: Estimated arrival at Google coach bay
15.15: Pick up at Google coach bay
15.45-16.00: Estimated arrival back at Suntec Convention Center (drop off in front of the big LED wall)
The event is a forum for discussion between Wikimedia Movement and Google to know each other better, share technical knowledge, as well as sharing the best practice on Wikimedia Projects. The event is coupled with Wikipedia and other Wikimedia Projects' new content creation, editing, and translation activities (feel free to use the working space at the venue!)
What do I need to Bring?
1. Feel free to bring your laptop to join the translate-a-thon activities for those who are interested (kindly mind your belongings during your trip as well as during the event).
2. We will have 2 separate praying rooms at the Google Asia Pacific office, but we suggest bringing a prayer mat.
3. You DON'T NEED to bring your Wikimania badge, a Google visitor badge will be distributed at the Google Asia Pacific office for those who receive a confirmation email from us.
Guidance for Visiting the Google Office
1. You are welcome to take pictures or videos before or after the event in common areas (like lobbies and cafes) where external visitors are allowed to take pictures in the Google office.
2. Pictures or videos of whiteboards with notes, laptops, monitors or laptop screens should not be taken.
3. Please don't prominently showcase the QR code on your visitor badge (if you are featuring that in your pictures/video
4. All visitors should wear the security badges visibly in person always and should be accompanied by the Security team or Googlers.
For any enquiries, contact spramudyawikimedia.org.