16–19 August 2023, Singapore and Online
Diversity. Collaboration. Future.
WikiMapathon Thursday August 17[edit | edit source]
The Wikimaps User Group organizes WikiMapathon, a series of mappy activities at Wikimania 2023 on 17 August. Join the mapathon, present your project at the popup session or join one of the presentations sessions.
|Contact person: Eugene Alvin Villar (Seav)|
|11:15–12:45||03:15–04:45||90 min||Expo Space Area||The mapping session takes place in the Expo Space Area without presentation equipment. Bring your computers and mobile phones!
If you wish, you can add another mapping activity in this slot!
|Popup presentations during lunch|
|Contact person: Susanna Ånäs (Susannaanas)|
|12:45–14:15||04:45–06:15||90 min||Room 324 (Meetups)||In the breakout room, anyone can sign up for a short presentation or pitch: Maps-related lightning talks / show-and-tell demos etc. The session is hybrid with all the usual presentation equipment. If you wish to present remotely, prepare a short video as a backup.
Go ahead and add your presentation to the list! You can add a more detailed description on this page below the table.
|14:15–14:55||06:15–06:55||40 min||Plenary Hall||OpenStreetMap and Wikimedia: Awesome Together!, Eugene Alvin Villar (seav), Dennis Raylin Chen|
|14:55–15:15||06:55–07:15||20 min||Giving Contexts to Places We Love - The Power of OpenStreetMap and Wikidata, James Amattey|
|Demos and presentations|
|15:30–16:30||07:30–08:30||60 min||Expo Space Area||Demoing the OSM/Wikidata linking tool / Eugene Alvin Villar|
|16:10–16:20||08:10–08:20||10 min||Room 325||Some Indonesian maps are ... problematic, RXerself|
More information[edit | edit source]
Here you can add information about your popup session or links to instructions for the mappers, for example.
OSM-Wikidata Map Framework[edit | edit source]
Presentation/demo about OSM-Wikidata Map Framework (Daniele Santini). The demo will briefly explain some connection patterns and demo how to set-up of the framework. Daniele will participate remotely and pre-record the demo as a backup. Presentation slides Backup recording
Historical mapping[edit | edit source]
The current state of tools for working with historical maps in Wikimedia. To get familiarized with Open HistoricalMap, see the slides from Old Richmond mapathon/workshop at SotMUS 2023 by Adam Cox (OldInsuranceMaps) and Jeff Meyer (OpenHistoricalMap).
Participants[edit | edit source]
Add yourself in the list.
- Susannaanas (talk) 06:21, 30 July 2023 (UTC)
- RXerself (talk) 04:20, 2 August 2023 (UTC)
- Kateregga1 (talk) 18:48, 6 August 2023 (UTC)
- Sandra Aceng (talk) 18:51, 6 August 2023 (UTC)
- Waldyrious (talk) 23:48, 6 August 2023 (UTC)
- Aimeabibis (talk) 23:13, 7 August 2023 (UTC)
- Seav (talk) 04:53, 8 August 2023 (UTC)
- Mamman AA (talk) 05:31, 10 August 2023 (UTC)
- Manojk (talk) 15:39, 10 August 2023 (UTC)
- CaliBen (talk) 06:11, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
- Magotech (talk) 06:14, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
- Heatrave (talk) 22:34, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
- ❙❚❚❙❙ GnOeee ❚❙❚❙❙ ✉ 02:15, 16 August 2023 (UTC)
- Samwilson (talk) 12:40, 16 August 2023 (UTC)
- Supaplex (talk) 05:28, 17 August 2023 (UTC)
- Canley (talk) 06:19, 17 August 2023 (UTC)
Related program[edit | edit source]
Add here other mapping- or geography-related activities at Wikimania. Please join the lunch popup session.
- Cartografías Abiertas: una plataforma colaborativa junto a los pueblos originarios de Chaco
- Duplicating Everywhere All at Once
- Google Local guide meetup
- Other sessions that are region- or country-specific: