See the full schedule.
Below is information about the general program, language approach, and selection process.
Theme, session criteria and session evaluation
In order to promote transparency on how the review committee made programming decisions, we are now publishing the criteria that we used to evaluate program proposals. This year, as stated in the call for proposals, we wanted to focus on making the program regional, fun and welcoming of newcomers. We prioritized sessions that best responded to that criteria, while also being mindful to try to include sessions on a wide range of topics.
Keeping our core goals in mind, we used this specific criteria for evaluating the proposals:
- To what extent does the proposal make clear what outcomes the participants should be able to get out of the session?
- To what extent does the proposal, the matters being discussed, and/or the presenters incorporate diversity in gender, geographic location, underrepresented communities, etc.?
- To what extent does the proposal offer something fun, useful, innovative or important to the event?
We had five reviewing groups of 3-4 reviewers each. Reviewers were presented with a list of sessions to review without speaker names or contact information attached. Reviewers evaluated each proposal on a scale from 1-5, with 1 being low and 5 being very high. Overall, most proposals received very high scores, and we selected the top 20 of every group. This means that some proposals that received very high scores didn’t make the cut due to a small difference in points. In total, we worked hard to accept more than half of all submissions.
We acknowledge that some people might experience frustration with the way in which we organized sessions and the program this year. However, we want to highlight the points that made the COT this year take these decisions: We learned from last year that the number of tracks resulted in sessions where there were very few people participating or watching them, which can cause frustration to presenters. We also learned that people needed more breaks. We had to work those in, which removed time from the program. This year we are experimenting with a hybrid format, with some sessions taking place in-person in different parts of the world. We wanted to give rooms for these experiments, even if they don’t necessarily compete with the online program.
Planning your session if it is not part of the main program
Pheedloop (the platform that we will be using for this years’ Wikimania) allows for anyone to organize their own social networking space (up to 25 people). These spaces won’t have simultaneous interpretation or receive staff support. These spaces will work as self-organized spaces. We encourage people who are not part of the main program to make use of these spaces, scheduling talks, meetups and discussions. We also have a Commons category to house on-demand content for attendees to stream during Wikimania at their leisure. We encourage you to submit content there.
Uko gahunda iteye
Kuri gahunda yiri serukiramuco twiteze kuzagira uburyo butandukanye bw'ibiganiro bizaba imbonankubone n'ibyasabwe ,bizabera ‘mwihema’ kuri murandasi ariko bimeze nkaho ari imbonankubone.
- Ikiciro gikuru:
- Amatsinda agize umuryango ndetse n'ihema ry'abawushamikiyeho: gukurikirana gahunda z'imiryango igize Wikimedia ndetse na (chapters, user groups, thematic organizations, ndetse nabandi bishyize hamwe kandi bemewe).
kugaragaza ubushake bwo gutanga ibitekerezo muriri hema birafunguye kuri miryango yose yemewe igize Wikimedia.
- Ihema rya abantu kugiticyabo/Cyangwa abishyize hamwe :
haruburyo bwashyizweho bwo gukurikirana ibiganiro mumatsinda kubantu kugiti cyabo ndetse nabishyize hamwe bagize umuryango wa Wikimedia, nabwo amarembo arafungunguye kurabo bifuza gutanga ibiganiro kugiti cyabo cyangwa mumatsinda yabishyize hamwe.
- Hackathon: nkuko bisanzwe bikorwa mumuco - yewe nudushya tutaraza - Iyi hackathon izagira ihema ryayo mukwizihiza Wikimania muburyo bwimikoranire iri kujyambere.
- Ihema ryubusabane: Wikimania izagira uburyo bwinshi kuri murandasi aho abitabiriye bose bazasabana ndetse bakamenyana nabandi bagigize Wikimedia hirya nohino kw' Isi
hanyuma baganire kumikoranire mumishinga mishya yashyizweho. andi makuru muzayamenyeshwa vubaha.
Ibirimo byose bizabikwa Wikimania 2022 nirangira nkuko byagiye bikorwa mumyaka yatambutse.
The virtual programming for Wikimania 2022 will cater to participants across all timezones. The approach is to optimize for the zone being spotlighted on that day, while also providing times that work in different zones. We wanted to plan with the global whole in mind, building a schedule that spans many hours to allow for each region to connect with every other region.
Indimi zitandukanye muriyi gahunda
Mubihe byatambutse, gahunda za Wikimania zasaga nizashyiriweho abavuga ururimi rwicyongereza gusa. ariko kuriyi nshuro turifuza guha ikaze nabakoresha ururimi bunva bisanzuyemo. uburyo bwo gukoresha izo ndimi buzakorwa buzakurikizwa gutya:
- Ku biganiro byose (live and pre-recorded) zizaba zaratanzwe mururimi rw'icyongereza, Wikimedia izatanga ubusobanuro , Mucyarabu ,Igishimwa,Igifaransa Ndetse nigisipanyoro kugirango abantu benshi bazabashe kwitabira. tuzabereka uburyo iyi gahunda izaba ite igihe cyegereje.
- Kubiganiro byose (Imbonankubone ndetse nibyakozwe mbere)bizatambuka mucyarabu ,Igishinwa, Igifaransa, icyesipanyoro,umuryango wa Wikimedia uzatanga ubusobanuro bw'imbonankubone mururimi rwi icyongereza.
- Twongeyeho kubijyanye nizo ndimi, hazabaho 1-2 by'indi zizajya zitamuka buri munsi.ibiganiro byatanzwe mucyongereza bizasemurwa muri 1-2 indimi zizasimburana uwo munsi,kana nizo ndimi nazo zizahabwa ubusemuzi mururimi rw'Icyongereza.
Andi makuru kubijyanye nindimi muzayamenyeshwa.
- abayoboye ibiganiro bemerewe kutanga ubutumwa bwabo mundimi zabo bwite , ariko ntituzabasha gutanga ubusemuzi kurizi ndimi.
Tuziyuko tutazabasha gufasha buri muntu kugiticye ndetse namatsinda yose,are twigiye byinshi kuri Movement Strategy uburyo aringenzi cyane guha agaciro indimi zose . nimururworwego twifuza guteza imbere umuco wo gukoresha indimi zitandukanye. mwakoze kwemerera abo bose batanze imboni zabo mwisuzuma ryabaye.
Reading all of this information has probably left you with questions. We will be hosting office hours to give you answers. More information on when and how to engage with us will be provided next week.
In the meantime, you can leave your questions for the Core Organizing Team on this talk page or by emailing wikimaniawikimedia.org.