Meetups are meetings that are self-organized by delegates and groups with a common interest. For this purpose, we have dedicated a set of rooms at the main hotel Clarion Hotel Amaranten. Times and locations for these are given below. Rooms are booked on a first come, first served basis.
They can also happen freely at any time during the conference or preconference, mainly in bars and open spaces or near the Community Village. There is plenty of space to sit around tables at the conference venue, and below we try to list some cafes and bars which may be suitable for meetups. We can however not guarantee free space at any cafes or bars; feel free to contact them if you wish to try to reserve a table.
Horaro de renkontiĝoj
Add your meetup below. Don't forget to link to your project page for people to signup or share resources, and don't forget to let the rest of your group know what the time and place is.
Friday 16 August - Day 1
A map of the conference buildings and rooms. Click to enlarge.
Note - the reception is in another venue from 18:00-20:00. Anyone planning to attend these meetups should also plan to travel from the reception venue back to the conference venue. (Just wondering if this is really true, though? Aren't the meetups at the Clarion Hotel Amaranten and not the conference venue?)
- WikiWomen's Lunch from 12:00-13:00 Alexievich (D wing classroom. Room D416 100 seats)
- AffComm Meeting from 12:00-13:00 GBowee (Kungstenen)
- Meetup for Northern European Wikimedians from 12:10 – 12.50, get lunch and look for Axel or Ivo outside main entrance of Aula Magna.
- New Sister Projects Meetup from 12:00 – 13:00 Lessing (D wing classroom. Room D499 70 seats)
- Interested: ASBS Feedback
Key signing party
- Education Meetup. Will be held back at the hotel at 21:00. Details of exact location will follow.
- WikiConference North America planning meeting. at the Comfort Xpress hotel around 20:30, precise details to come. Contact phoebe for info.
Saturday 17 August – Day 2
Sunday 18 August – Day 3
- Wikimania remote meetup
Wikimedians in Residence meetup and dinner before closing party - Meet 1815/6:15pm outside the registration on patio at the University. You don't need to be a WiR: those interested are free to come!
WiR meetup at the main hotel
- Message User:Pharos or User:Fuzheado for details if needed
Drinkejoj kaj kafejoj
- Close to the university
- There are plenty of cafes at the university campus, some of which are opening during the summer and the conference days. A list of all cafes can be found here.
- Prego in the D-House is open Wednesday-Friday 9-16 during the conference week.
- One of the cafés in Allhuset, connected to Aula magna, will keep open during the conference week with seating possibilities.
- Proksima al Hotelo Amaranten
- Espresso House, located just across the street from the hotel. Coffee chain with hot drinks and some basic food, often free seats. Open from 6.30 to 20 on weekdays and 8-20 on weekends.
- Dice Cafe Sthlm, board game cafe 10 minutes walk from Clarion Hotel Amaranten. Pay 50 SEK entrance fee and play board games while you have your meetup. Open until 22 everyday (21 on Sundays).
- Thelins, classical konditori at Fridhemsplan, just below 1km from the hotel (15 minutes walk). Open 7-20 on Weekdays, 07-19 on Fridays and 08-18 on Weekends. Mostly suited for early morning meetups thus.
- Tap Room is a bar just next to the hotel with late opening hours. Good place for a drink, but may be noisy for meetups.
- Caliente, a tapas bar a short walking distance from the hotel. Large outdoor area. Bookings possible, though you may have to order food too.
- Proksima al Hotelo Xpress
- The Flying Dog is a bar with beer and whisky close to the Xpress Hotel, where we have offered discount prices for rooms. It is close to the Central Station, and possible to book seats. It is open until late every night.
- Espresso House at Vasagatan is just next to the Central Station and open until 23 each night. Very close to metro and to the Xpress hotel.
Sports - bouldering / climbing session
During one of the Wikimania evenings I plan to go to the apparently awesome Telefonplan climbing gym (Youtube) for a bouldering session. More climbers = more fun, so if you'd like to join, pls sign below. We could also opt for a climbing session, if you're comfortable with belaying. We'll need to agree on an exact date & time later....
Interested to attend
- OlafJanssen (talk) 10:52, 26 July 2019 (UTC) (bouldering and top roping, no lead climbing)
- Masssly (talk) 21:45, 28 July 2019 (UTC) (sounds like a great idea)
Local Guides at Wikimania 2019
Local Guides at Wikimania 2019
The main purpose of this meetup is to discuss, among Wikimedians who also contribute to Google Local guide, maps, etc about various possibility to work together share our images, or any technical points. I propose for 16 August, any suggestions?---: Location (Time) to be determined
Interested to attend:
- Suyash.dwivedi (talk) 20:23, 8 August 2019 (UTC)
- MB-one (talk) 08:38, 11 August 2019 (UTC)
- I am attending the conference only on 17th and 18th, so I shall attend the meetup if it is held during these days. Netha Hussain (talk) 12:42, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
For many years I dreamed of playing football with Wikipedians. I suggest organizing either a friendly match or a tournament (if there are a lot of participants). For example, the Swedish team VS rest of the world. I’ll take my uniform with me, and I hope we'll find the ball and a field at the place. —
Interested to attend
Sports - table tennis
Behind the Juristernas Hus there is table tennis table we were able to fix the net of. I have brought along 2 rackets so we've already had some matches. Everybody welcome to join during the breaks.