16–19 August 2023, Singapore and Online
Diversity. Collaboration. Future.
ᱱᱚᱶᱟ ᱥᱟᱦᱴᱟ ᱨᱮ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱢᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟ ᱯᱷᱚᱣᱩᱱᱰᱮᱥᱚᱱ (WMF) ᱥᱠᱚᱞᱟᱨᱥᱤᱯ ᱨᱮᱱᱟᱜ ᱦᱚᱨᱟ ᱠᱚ ᱵᱟᱵᱚᱛ ᱠᱟᱛᱷᱟ ᱠᱚ ᱢᱮᱱᱟᱜᱼᱟ᱾ ᱮᱴᱟᱜ ᱪᱟᱯᱴᱟᱨ ᱟᱨ ᱚᱨᱜᱟᱱᱟᱭᱡᱮᱥᱚᱱ ᱠᱚᱦᱚᱸ ᱥᱠᱚᱞᱟᱨᱥᱤᱯ ᱠᱚ ᱮᱢᱚᱜ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ:
ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱢᱮᱱᱤᱭᱟ ᱒᱐᱒᱓ ᱨᱮ ᱟᱭᱢᱟ ᱠᱟᱹᱢᱤᱦᱚᱨᱟ ᱠᱚ ᱨᱮᱱᱟᱜ ᱵᱮᱵᱚᱥᱛᱟ ᱫᱚᱦᱚᱲᱟ ᱩᱭᱦᱟᱹᱨ ᱦᱩᱭᱩᱜᱼᱟ, ᱥᱠᱚᱞᱟᱨᱥᱤᱯ ᱦᱚᱨᱟ ᱫᱚ ᱚᱱᱟ ᱫᱚᱦᱚᱲᱟ ᱩᱭᱦᱟᱹᱨ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱢᱤᱫ ᱦᱤᱸᱥ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ᱾ ᱒᱐᱒᱓ ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱤᱛ ᱛᱮ ᱢᱩᱬ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ ᱫᱚᱞ ᱵᱷᱮᱜᱟᱨ ᱵᱷᱮᱜᱟᱨ ᱥᱠᱚᱞᱟᱨᱥᱤᱯ ᱮᱢᱚᱜᱼᱟ;
- ᱥᱤᱝᱜᱟᱯᱩᱨ ᱨᱮ ᱫᱟᱬᱟᱱ ᱯᱩᱨᱟᱹ ᱟᱨ ᱱᱟᱥᱮ ᱵᱟᱱᱟᱨ ᱥᱠᱚᱞᱟᱨᱥᱤᱯ᱾ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ ᱢᱟᱲᱟᱝ ᱨᱮ ᱦᱩᱭ ᱞᱮᱱ ᱠᱷᱟᱱ ᱱᱚᱸᱰᱮ ᱠᱤᱪᱷᱩ ᱥᱤᱢᱟᱹ ᱟᱨ ᱥᱚᱨᱛᱚ ᱛᱟᱦᱮ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ᱾
- ᱯᱩᱨᱟᱹ ᱥᱠᱚᱞᱟᱨᱥᱤᱯ ᱫᱚ ᱫᱟᱬᱟᱱ, ᱛᱟᱦᱮᱱ, ᱟᱨ ᱨᱮᱡᱤᱥᱴᱨᱮᱥᱟᱱ ᱮᱢᱚᱜ ᱦᱩᱭᱩᱜᱼᱟ᱾
- ᱱᱟᱥᱮ ᱥᱠᱚᱞᱟᱨᱥᱤᱯ ᱨᱮᱫᱚ ᱛᱟᱦᱮᱱ, ᱟᱨ ᱨᱮᱡᱤᱥᱴᱨᱮᱥᱟᱱ ᱮᱢᱚᱜ ᱦᱩᱭᱩᱜᱼᱟ᱾
- ᱥᱮᱴᱮᱞᱟᱭᱤᱴ ᱜᱷᱚᱴᱚᱱ ᱠᱚ ᱜᱚᱯᱚᱲᱚ ᱟᱨ ᱯᱚᱨᱛᱚᱱ ᱜᱟᱫᱮᱞ ᱯᱷᱟᱱᱰᱤᱝ ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱤᱫ WMF ᱢᱚᱧᱡᱩᱨ ᱦᱚᱨᱟ ᱦᱚᱛᱮᱛᱮᱭ ᱱᱮᱦᱚᱨᱟ, COT ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱢᱮᱱᱤᱭᱟ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱞᱟᱭᱤᱵᱷ ᱞᱤᱝᱠ ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱤᱫ ᱱᱮᱦᱚᱨ ᱠᱚ ᱟᱨ ᱴᱮᱠᱱᱤᱠᱮᱞ ᱞᱟᱹᱠᱛᱤ ᱠᱚ ᱨᱮ ᱜᱚᱲᱚᱭ ᱮᱢᱟ᱾
All full and partial scholars will have the option to do volunteer tasks during Wikimania, as volunteers scholars will also be covered by WMF Travel Insurance policy. The volunteers could include 2 hours on an Expo table, room angel (etherpad notes, share online questions to speakers), or uploading session videos to Commons. Volunteering for 2 or more hours will also be considered as sufficient to not require a written report, and will be subject to verification by the Scholarship team during Wikimania.
ᱞᱟᱹᱠᱛᱤᱭᱟᱱ ᱢᱟᱹᱦᱤᱛ ᱠᱚ
The timeline for the WMF Scholarship Program is as follows:
ᱫᱟᱬᱟᱱ ᱥᱠᱚᱞᱟᱨᱥᱤᱯ ᱱᱮᱦᱚᱨ ᱥᱟᱠᱟᱢ ᱠᱚ
- Done ᱡᱷᱤᱡ: ᱥᱟᱹᱨᱫᱤᱢᱟᱦᱟ, ᱑᱒ ᱡᱟᱱᱩᱣᱟᱨᱤ ᱒᱐᱒᱓ ᱾
- Done ᱥᱠᱚᱞᱟᱨᱥᱤᱯ ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱤᱫ ᱱᱮᱦᱚᱨ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱢᱩᱪᱟᱹᱫ ᱢᱟᱦᱟᱸ: ᱥᱤᱜᱤ ᱢᱟᱦᱟ, ᱕ ᱯᱷᱮᱵᱽᱨᱩᱣᱟᱨᱤ ᱒᱐᱒᱓, ᱨᱮ᱾
- Done Phase 1 eligibility assessment by the WMF Trust & Safety: mid-February (no notification about the outcome)
- Done Phase 2 in-depth evaluations by the Scholarship Committee: March
- Done Offers are being sent on a rolling basis to successful applicants: April 21 – May
- Done All applicants are notified about final decisions: end of May
- Done The full list of recipients published on Wikimania Wiki: June
For further details on the application requirements, evaluation, and to apply see: 2023:Scholarships/Travel Scholarship application
ᱥᱮᱴᱮᱞᱟᱭᱤᱴ ᱜᱷᱚᱴᱚᱱ ᱠᱚ
Satellite events can be scheduled and funded as part of the affiliate General Support Fund (GSF).
Wikimedia Affiliates may use funds already obtained through the Wikimedia Foundation General Support Fund to run a satellite event, even if a satellite event was not initially included in their GSF proposal. General Support Fund grantees have the ability to move funds around their budget as needed, and, per the General Support Fund agreement, the Foundation only requests that Program Officers be informed if that variance is more than 20% from the original proposal. We encourage all affiliates interested in hosting a satellite event to list their event details on the satellite event subpage, so that affiliates may coordinate between themselves, encouraging collaboration and connection amongst Wikimedians and to better promote their events.
- List of events should be completed by 5 July.
- Affiliates wanting to livestream into Wikimania should get in touch with the programming subcommittee of the Core Organizing Team at wikimaniawikimedia.org as soon as they have the details of their event.
- The Core Organizing Team will provide technical support for groups wanting to livestream into Wikimania.
Please use the talk page for discussing ideas.
For more information about the Wikimedia Foundation Scholarships Program, please visit the frequently asked questions (FAQ) page.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at: 2023 talk:Scholarships/sat.